We can’t get enough of apple crumble this time of the year. We’ve made a super speedy, lower sugar version (for one) which is just delicious. We love the tartness of Granny Smiths, but choose your apple fav.
• 1 tsp vegan butter
• 1 x Granny Smith apple
• ¼ of a lemon
• 1 x pack of Nibble Simply Fantastically Fudgy Lemon shortbread
• A pinch of cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Grease inside of an oven-safe ramekin with butter.
3. Core apple and cut into wafer thin slices.
4. Arrange apple slices into a fan in the ramekin.
5. Squeeze lemon juice over apples and dust with cinnamon.
6. Place ramekin on a baking sheet (in the middle of the oven) and pop into the oven for 13-15mins.
7. Remove from oven and crumble a couple of shortbread pieces on top. Return to oven for 2 mins until the shortbread just starts to get lightly brown.
8. Ready to eat. Just take care with the hot ramekin!
by Erin Moroney